Proposals Lieven Gevaert Series
|Download the Lieven Gevaert Series Stylesheet >|
The series editors welcome proposals on cutting-edge topics in the field of photography research. Manuscripts, which must be submitted in the English language, should be maximum 120.000 words in length (derogations can be negotiated), and may include photographic images in black and white (exceptionally also in color). All rights for images and texts have to be cleared by the author.
Proposals/manuscripts (2000-2500 words) may be submitted to email@example.com and should include:
- a short description of the project and/or an abstract of the book (500 words)
- a title and table of contents
- a list of contributing authors and titles of their contributions in case of an edited volume
- a proposed submission date of final manuscript for review
- a CV of the author / editor(s) including professional/academic background and a concise bibliography of relevant articles and publications
- contact information of first author / executive editor, including postal address, email address and phone number
- a description of the envisaged readership
- a sample chapter if available
- a list of comparable or competing publications on this subject
- any special requests in terms of the book's contents (eg colour quires or inclusion of audiovisual material)
- any external funding/possible subsidies if known
Proposals are assessed by the series editors and the publisher on academic and economic viability. You will receive an answer about the (provisional) acceptance or the refusal of your proposal within 6 weeks of submission. If your proposal is accepted, your final manuscript will be reviewed by the series editors and by an additional expert reader in the field. This review process may take 6-8 weeks after submission of the final manuscript depending on the availability of reviewers. Based on this review process of your final manuscript, your publication will be accepted or refused, or you may be asked to make some necessary changes.
Once your manuscript is accepted for publication, the publication date will be set by the series editors and the publisher to tie in with the publication schedule of the series. The production process from accepted manuscript to book will normally take 4-6 months.